Thursday, December 1, 2011

24 Days of Christmas Nails - Day 1: Snowfall

Hey Ladies,

I'm SUPER excited to participate in '24 Days of Christmas Nails' with both Sabine from My Polish Stash and Shannara from Nails and Stuff so don't forget to check out their nails as well! 

This idea was started by Paint that Nail so props to her. ^_^ 

Here is my 'Snowfall' design:

In sunlight

In sunlight

Natural light in shade

In sunlight
Natural light in shade

My vision was thinking about what falling snow actually looks like; you have shadow, it's not usually sunny outside (overcast, hence the grays and blues), and then you have the white snow. I tried to make the 'sky' at the top of my nails and then the snow collected towards the beds of my nails. 

What I did to create this look:
  1. I painted my nails with two coats of butter London's 'Lady Muck'
  2. I painted Pure ICE 'Super Star' towards the bottom of the nail then used a sponge to fade it about half way on the nail.
  3. I painted random dots using a dotting tool with both OPI 'DS Coronation' and 'DS Sapphire'. I thought silver and gray-blue colors would look good creating that 'shadow look' I was going for!
  4. I let the dots dry then put one coat of Orly's 'Winter Wonderland' to give that shiny icy look that snow has.
  5. I let that dry then I did different sized (and I was going for imperfect) white dots all over the nail.
  6. I let that dry and added one coat of Nubar's 'Dewdrop' just to make sure the white still somewhat hidden.
  7. I finished with coat of 'Out the door' top coat! And voila!

What do you guys think? Does it remind you of a lovely snow storm?  Don't forget to check out Sabine's design from My Polish Stash and Shannara's design from Nails and Stuff !!!

Cheers,
Bridget

6 comments:

Sa said...

This looks really pretty, I like it! Great start into this challenge :D

Jacqui of The Scholarly Nail said...

Very pretty!

Shannara said...

looks realy pretty, love the colors!

Kaki @ GlitterObsession said...

So pretty! Good job!

bmwmchick said...

Thanks so much ladies! I really appreciate it :oD

Ally-Rosexox said...

This is soo pretty! Well Done! :) Loving the gradient! :) xox

Post a Comment

I read every single comment and appreciate every one very much. If you ever have any questions, contact me via twitter @bmwmchick or on IG @bmwmchick. Thank you for reading and taking the time to leave a thoughtful comment! ♥