Friday, December 2, 2011

24 Days of Christmas Nails - Day 2: Snowflakes

Hey Ladies,

I'm SUPER excited to participate in '24 Days of Christmas Nails' with both Sabine from My Polish Stash and Shannara from Nails and Stuff so
don't forget to check out their nails as well!

This idea was started by Paint that Nail so props to her. ^_^

Here is my 'Snowflakes' design:

From left to right:  Pure ICE 'Super Star', OPI 'DS Coronation', Revlon 'Downtown'
In sunlight

In natural shade

In sunlight

My secret revealed; snowflake stickers used as stencils!

Illamasqua 'Raindrops' added for a more muted look; in natural shade

Illamasqua 'Raindrops' added for a more muted look; in sunlight

So, what do you guys think?! I have been collecting stickers for nearly 25 years (yes, this is true!) and have many that have these cut out designs. The three things to remember are:  1) make sure your base color is dry to the touch, and 2) make sure you don't glop on the paint, it will bleed over the design, and 3) make sure you peel the sticker off just after you're done painting the nail. I like to sort of lightly lift up all the sides (so it's not stuck on your finger) and then lightly pull it off from one side.

Hope you all enjoyed this design! Don't forget to check out Sabine's design from My Polish Stash and Shannara's design from Nails and Stuff !!!

Cheers,
Bridget

8 comments:

Kaki @ GlitterObsession said...

So cool! The colors are great!

bmwmchick said...

Thanks Kaki! :o)

Shannara said...

what a great idea, love the way it turned out!

Shannara said...

hi,

I gave you the nail art friendly blog award,
you can pick it up if you like...

http://nailsandstuff-shannara.blogspot.com/2011/12/nail-art-friendly-blog-award.html

Sa said...

I really like this design and the colors you picked! Maybe I should look for my old sticker book as this is a great idea to create nail designs! :)

Unknown said...

Nice tip! Thanks!

Unknown said...

Omg.. I'd never thought about using actual stickers for designs! This is SUCH a great idea! I'll have to try it for sure!

I love this challenge! I'll definitely have to keep it in mind for next year. Good luck! :D

Jennifer said...

Your snowflake nails came out so much better than mine! I ended up using stickers after my free-hand attempt failed

(jennifershb@gmail.com for the giveaway)

Post a Comment

I read every single comment and appreciate every one very much. If you ever have any questions, contact me via twitter @bmwmchick or on IG @bmwmchick. Thank you for reading and taking the time to leave a thoughtful comment! ♥