Thursday, February 16, 2012

a-England 'Princess Tears' & OPI 'DS Diamond'

Hello Readers,

Today, I have a comparison post between a-England 'Princess Tears' from the The Legend collection and OPI 'DS Diamond'. When I got the a-England polish I automatically knew I had to do a comparison post! I'd say that the aE is a cooler purple with a finer holo and of course it has a pink-purple flash that the OPI doesn't possess. Also, the aE formula is more opaque. I used two coats for both.

The bottle shot...
Left to right:  a-England 'Princess Tears' and OPI 'DS Diamond'
A Nice Close-Up...
 An angled view...
And with flash...
I'd say they're both different enough but if you have one you probably don't need the other. You can purchase a-England polishes directly here priced at $14.22 when converted to USD (£9) and they ship to the US for free! OPI 'DS Diamond' is considered a 'htf' polish and can be found on eBay from anywhere to $15-$35+. 

What do you guys think? Own either of these babies? I love them both! Ahhh.... pretties!

Cheers,
Bridget

6 comments:

Biba said...

They both look great! Sadly, I don't own any of these beauties...

Lawless Lacquer said...

I don't own either, but they are very pretty! Your pictures are awesome!

Saira said...

These look lovely, they're similar but you can see the subtle differences. I had my doubts about Princess Tears, but adding it to my list because of your swatch!

Anonymous said...

They both are beautiful polishes!!!!!

Aly said...

wow thank you!!! I don't own that OPI but will add Princess Tears to my wishlist (I love AEngland polishes)!

Julie said...

Both are amazing and I´m glad one (the A England) can be easily purchase. I think I like a little more Princess Tears because it looks more smooth on the nail

Post a Comment

I read every single comment and appreciate every one very much. If you ever have any questions, contact me via twitter @bmwmchick or on IG @bmwmchick. Thank you for reading and taking the time to leave a thoughtful comment! ♥