Thursday, April 12, 2012

Yummy Jelly Sandwich

Hello Readers,

Today, I have a jelly sandwich featuring OPI 'My Pointe Exactly' which is a sheer gray, OPI 'Pirouette My Whistle' which features a clearr based, fine sheer white and medium sheer white glitter, and Cult Nails 'Scandalous' which is a sheer yet buildable bright coral.

I used 2 coats of My Pointe Exactly, 1 coat of Pirouette My Whistle, and another coat of My Point Exactly for 3 out of 5 nails (I did the opposite color scheme on my right hand). Also, I used 2 coats of Scandalous, 1 coat of Pirouette My Whistle and another coat of Scandalous. I didn't use a top coat because it wasn't necessary, however I'll probably add another tomorrow to preserve this mani!

L-R: OPI 'My Pointe Exactly', OPI 'Pirouette My Whistle', and Cult Nails 'Scandalous'
Mmmmm jelly-icious ^_^

Just another perspective ;o)

What do you guys think? It seems like a lot of people aren't too excited by the OPI New York Ballet collection but the polishes are sheer so you can create this pretty look, also the formula is fantastic! They're thick yet non-streaky which is rare for a sheer polish. Same goes for the Cult Nails polish, the sheer is almost a jelly and builds beautifully. Cult Nails Scandalous can be purchased here for $10 USD and the OPI polished can be purchased almost anywhere for $8.50.

Cheers,
Bridget

11 comments:

The Little Canvas said...

Love the Cult Nails polish color!!! I still have yet to attempt a jelly sandwich but i'm excited to try! love the two colors together!!!

Julie said...

It looks amazing, love the combo colors!

Marisa said...

I love it Bridget!!!

bmwmchick said...

Thanks sweetie! I swear these were all made for layering into jelly sandwiches!

bmwmchick said...

Thanks, Julie! I LOOOOVVEE gray and a splash of color too!

bmwmchick said...

Thanks, Marisa! Me too ^_^

Fashion Footing said...

I Lovvvveee these colors together! I cannot wait to get scandalous so I can re-create this ;-)

bmwmchick said...

Hehe thanks, Amanda! I can't wait for you to have it too - it's a great NON-steaky jelly!!! & it's soooo shiny!

Jessica said...

not sure what i think but they look like jelly no doubt and i do like that hmm well have to see.. thanks for sharing girl!

Saira said...

I love this mani Bridget! Especially loving Pirouette My Whistle!

Anonymous said...

This is stunning Bridget! I have these 2 OPI's coming from Jacqui, and I might copy this if you don't mind! :-)

Post a Comment

I read every single comment and appreciate every one very much. If you ever have any questions, contact me via twitter @bmwmchick or on IG @bmwmchick. Thank you for reading and taking the time to leave a thoughtful comment! ♥